- Bethany Lutheran College Masterclasses
Our Bethany Lutheran College in Minnesota is offering online masterclasses Monday afternoons on music. See the poster for details.
- Synod President’s NewsletterYou can find a copy of the January Synod President’s Newsletter here.
- Special Year-end ELS OfferingOur delegates and pastors at 2019 convention set a base budget of $760,000 for gifts from congregations to our ELS missions and ministries for 2020. In addition, the convention earmarked all gifts over this amount to help provide funding to the Board for Lutheran Schools. $790,000 is our total goal for congregational offerings.Please note the envelope provided for this special offering in your membership box to the ELS and its missions. Write the check to our church and please include your envelope number and place it in the collection plate today or over the next couple of weeks. As you do, please consider that our Lord’s grace extends to us so we are able to “overflow in every good work” 2 Cor. 9:8. May our gift be in accord with our Lord’s abundant blessings to us.Rev. Daniel A. Basel, Giving Counselor
Evangelical Lutheran Synod and Foundation
- New Washington State Restriction on Public WorshipLakewood Lutheran Church officers have agreed that the following announcement should also apply at our congregation.Congregational singing even while wearing face coverings is being forbidden until December 14. In compliance, the Parkland Lutheran Church officers have put into effect the following policy for our public services: The pastor/soloist while masked will sing stanzas from the selected hymns and the organist/pianist will play through some of the stanzas instrumentally. The congregation is invited to follow along while reading the words in silence. Any enforcement of this policy will be the prerogative of the State alone. (In addition the liturgy will be spoken by the pastor and congregation.)Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (Col. 3:16)If you should think this or other mandates restricting our worship violates the First Amendment of the US Constitution, you personally may wish to contact the Governor’s office expressing your concerns.“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof …”(1st Amendment – US Constitution)
- Midweek Advent Services at Our Redeemer and Parkland
Lakewood Lutheran Church is not gathering this year for midweek Advent services, but members and friends may still join services this season at our sister congregations.
This year’s midweek Advent services will be held on Wednesdays at 5:00 pm (Our Redeemer Lutheran Church) and 6:30 pm (Parkland Lutheran Church) on December
2, 9, and 16. Please come to enjoy these meditative services in the midst of a busy season, or if unable to attend in person watch the livestream on our website, Vimeo page, or Facebook. This year’s theme will be: For to Us a Tyrant of Grace Has Been Born and Given.
- Christmas at BethanyThe Music Department of Bethany Lutheran College will present a musical celebration of the season Christmas at Bethany. Join the Bethany family from near and far in enjoying this well-loved tradition from the comfort of your home. December 6, 2020 at 11:30 am you will find the video and program at blc.edu/christmas. Bethany staff is grateful that they can still present the comforting Christmas Gospel message through song and share with you the musical talents of their students. Please tune in and enjoy the concert!
- Evergreen Lutheran High School’s Giving TuesdayAfter Black Friday and Cyber Monday, join ELHS in kicking off the holiday giving season on Giving Tuesday, December 1. Help turn $15,000 into $30,000. People keep asking how they can help Evergreen through Covid-19. Due to Covid impacts to our school, this Giving Day is more important than ever to help reach our full match. What a blessing that a family has pledged up to $15,000 to support Christian Education. Would you consider helping us match that gift?
Ways to gear up for Giving Tuesday:
Contact the Evergreen at 253.946.4488 with your pledge or make your donation online at elhs.org.
- Donate lock in your gift (contact ELHS
- Follow us on Facebook for exciting updates
- Share this message with friends, family, fellow alumni and encourage them to join the movement.
- ELS Military MonumentThe Evangelical Lutheran Synod is raising funds for a planned military monument to be built at Bethany Lutheran College in Mankato, Minnesota.You may have attempted to watch the 3.5 minute video about this project, but the original site was corrupted. We would encourage you to check it out at this site for a full viewing experience:https://vimeo.com/
459461617/44ecdbb898There is a Challenge Match, doubling dollar for dollar all cash donations to this project from Nov. 11, 2020 – May 31 2021.Below is an announcement about the match from the monument committee.As you probably have heard the goal of this project is to construct a beautiful tribute to our veterans on Bethany Lutheran College campus. The monument will serve to honor any and all veterans and ensure that this and future generations will be aware of the cost of the freedoms they enjoy as citizens of our great nation through this God-pleasing vocation of warrior. The ELS Military Monument Committee has established a Veteran’s Day 2020 through Memorial Day 2021 Matching Funds Challenge. We invite all donors to double the impact of their offering from Nov. 11, 2020 – May 31, 2021. We already have commitments of a $32,600 match and expect in the weeks to come that we will be increasing this amount and will announce periodically when the match amount is increased. These donors are challenging us in the ELS and beyond to give to this worthwhile project. Please consider a generous (tax deductible) contribution to be matched dollar for dollar during this designated time period. (While not part of this match offer, we continue to encourage contributions honoring individual veterans with engraved pavers, benches and branch pillars to be part of the site. Ordering information is available on our website: www.els.org/monument)Donor Recognition: Donors that donate amounts of $1000.00 and more, other than Bench and Pillar purchases, will have the opportunity to have their name engraved on the 3-foot by 12-foot monument base. These donors will be recognized in three categories.
Thank you for your consideration of this appeal,The ELS Military Monument Committee
- Those donating $1000 to $4999 will have their name inscribed in the Bronze Donor Level list.
- Those donating $5000 to $9999 will have their name inscribed in the Silver Donor Level list.
- Those donating $10,000 and above will have their name inscribed in the Gold Donor Level list.
- Lutheran Sentinel OnlineThe electronic version of the latest Lutheran Sentinel is now available here:You can also read the Sentinel right on this website! Find it by scrolling to the bottom of the Home page.This is the popular periodical of our church body, the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. It contains educational and devotional material, as well as news from churches, schools, and missions of the ELS.
- Enrolling for 2019-2020 School Year
Enroll NOW for the 2019-2020 School Year. Our School begins at age 30 months through 4th Grade, call to inquire! We have sibling rates and a military discount! We work jointly with our sister schools, Parkland Lutheran School and Evergreen Lutheran High School. Please ask us about educating all your children.